ONLY THE BRAVE NEED APPLY!
Sometimes creative writing is like getting lost in the woods with only a long piece of string to guide you back out. Some people plan out all their work. I’ve tried this and you miss experiencing the bravest sort of writing:
Writing with No Direction
This is like setting off on a journey with no road map and only a vague idea of where you’re going. It sounds like lunacy! In a way it is. You can get lost, have to turn around, navigate your way back and then set off again.
But it’s damn good fun and I’ve got the best feedback from these sort of stories. Many writing books will advise against this and I can understand why but it’s the true essence of creative writing:
Exploration, journey, adventure.
So while I’ve tried the planning, organized, learning my craft option, I’ll still always favour braving out the wilderness, venturing out into the depths of inspiration and curiosity and waiting out for the next part of the story to unfold in my mind.
It’s not for the faint-hearted but once you’ve done it once you’ll love the experience.
- Focus Your Writing Projects (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Writing Tip: Cleaning Teeth: Picking the Errors Out of Your Sentences (allbtwnthelines.wordpress.com)
- How to start Writing Fiction (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Brave? Or Just Plain Crazy? (angelchildvikki.wordpress.com)
- Revealing Yourself Through Your Art (artistsroad.wordpress.com)