Feel free to disagree. These are just what I’ve found works for me.
- Don’t butcher your writing, revise it but don’t hack it to pieces.
- Keep it as your baby and not your finances. You can still plan to sell it but don’t forget your love for it.
- Money is for survival alone and nothing to do with ART.
- Patience, don’t let bad situations push you into rushing or writing something you really don’t want to write.
- Write first, worry about how it will be received later.
- Don’t write down every single thing, write things down but be careful you don’t overload yourself with information and ideas and begin pressurizing yourself.
- Revise the oldest one first so that you don’t feel it’s dragging on.
- Don’t think revising needs to be methodical. It just comes with time.
- Writing is like a relationship, too much nagging at it drives it away.
- Stay focussed on the now. You can plan ahead but not too much.
- There are no rules!
- Writing Pitfalls – The Pressure Trap (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- How to start Writing Fiction (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Freewrite – American – Writing Blog (notmybest.wordpress.com)
- Just Keep Writing…Just Keep Writing (dwwriter.wordpress.com)
- Writing quote of the day…just write (westernthm.wordpress.com)
- Elmore Leonard’s Ten Rules of Writing (adriennesnotebook.wordpress.com)