It’s difficult trying to balance your bills and work/life with your writing ambitions. Often you get pulled in separate directions not really caring about progressing in your day job because you’re working towards a passion. Everyone needs a day job to pay the bills but sometimes you can get in a rut and it’s time to move on. Here’s some signs that it’s time for a new direction:
1. You can do your job half-asleep, standing on your head but still feel stressed by it and like you’re not doing it right.
2. You are so stressed by your job that you are constantly looking at the exits.
3. Your job has begun to feel like a never-ending prison sentence.
4. You are beginning to see no other future besides getting up, going to work, coming home and going to sleep.
5. You haven’t had any new ideas in so long that you are beginning to wonder if you’ve lost your writing altogether.
6. You spend 24 hours a day thinking about winning the lottery, trying not to think about your job, planning holidays or trying to finish early.
7. You see no reason why you feel the way you do about your job as no one else thinks it’s that bad.
8. You are beginning to think that writing isn’t worth the stress but dare not think it.
9. You no longer remember when writing wasn’t about trying to get published so you can prove to others that you actually are a writer.
10. Inertia – You feel so bored and pressured that you can barely do anything without falling asleep and feel like a zombie most of the time. Excitement feels like a far-off dream you might have once had.
DON’T FEAR CHANGING DIRECTION SO MUCH.IGNORE THOUGHTS THAT LIFE WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THIS.
TAKE THE PLUNGE
AND GET OUT THERE TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
RE-CONNECT WITH WRITING BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT.
CONSIDER TRYING TO GET
SO THAT YOUR JOB DOESN’T INFRINGE SO MUCH ON YOUR PASSIONS AND PRIVATE LIFE.
- Just Keep Writing…Just Keep Writing (dwwriter.wordpress.com)
- My Unofficial Writing Rules (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Update: What keeps you going (gointothestory.com)
- Hallmark might use Wichitan’s card design (kansas.com)
- Random Thoughts (neetukhanna.wordpress.com)
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post
Heyyyy, what time did you write this…I call copyright infringement…ha ha, ok…so there’s no basis for that…good list! 🙂
Lol. I actually wrote it yesterday and then I saw yours about quitting work just that day. We must have just been on the same wavelength yesterday. Thanks. 🙂
Hey, I hopped over to your web site from mixx. It’s not something I would normally read, but I liked your spin on it. Thank you for making something worth reading
You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely vast for me. I am taking a look forward to your next submit, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my site so i came to “return the desire”.I am trying to in finding things to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to use some of your ideas!!