July 7, 2011 Prompt:
“Music can be inspirational. Has music ever inspired you to write or to create? If so, what music inspires you the most? Any particular song(s) or artist(s)? If not, what inspires you to write?”
Inspiration (for creative writing) can be found absolutely everywhere, especially in music. Anything that taps into the mind of humanity or the thoughts and emotions of an individual person or group, is a story.
Personally, although I have used music for inspiration in writing exercises and for short works, my work usually comes from daydreams or from sudden scenes that play out in my head.
I enjoy looking at things around me and imagining it as something else:
- If I’m on the bus looking up at the rooftops of houses, I imagine people `free running‘ along the rooftops.
- If I’m sat next to a window, I can imagine people smashing through it dressed in black ops gear.
I think a lot of inspiration comes from being able to see different possibilities around you.
- The Power of Music in Creative Writing (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Writing Exercise – Using Music for Inspiration (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Imaginative Writing (jorgelives.wordpress.com)
- Six Saboteurs of Creativity and How to Thwart Them (marcia-richards.com)