The writing prompt over at Velvet Verbosity is FORWARD so here’s my 100 Words for this week.
For Wards, Waifs and Strays
Forwards in time, backwards in poverty.
Money is an illusion created by the masses.
We need it to survive yet we’d survive better without it.
Crazed men chase it,
forever playing the money game,
winning in one hand,
while losing in the other.
On the surface they’re a success.
Everything is theirs,
yet they’ve never looked beyond their own perspective.
They’re unable to see anything in the eyrie of existence.
Each exists in their own bubble,
a marble held up to the eye,
yet most don’t realize there are two worlds:
a world of fantasy and a world of delusion.
- Waif and Stray (saidthegramophone.com)
- Resisting Writer’s Block – 100 Words (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Writing Prompt – Game (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Writing Prompt: Starved (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Writing Prompt:Unconscious (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)