The writing prompt over at Velvet Verbosity is MYTH so here’s my 100 Words for this week. It’s a fictional soliloquy.
The Unseen Battle
They tell myths of me, the great warrior, fearsome and bold. Yet they know nothing of my origins. I had started out peaceful but violence and anger has
become my world. Rage has become my master and I a tormented demon of war trawling the battlefields for blood.
Nights spent in bed, shaking and frenzied, dying and afraid; people talk lightly of it now but they don’t understand. They don’t know how it feels fighting from your bed, alone and crazed as your mind slips into the abyss of insanity that sickness brings. The memory of it stays with you.
Copyright (c) bardicblogger / Teri Montague 2011. All rights reserved.
- 100 Words:For Wards, Waifs and Strays. (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Resisting Writer’s Block – 100 Words (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Day 15 (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- The Mirror Path – Beginning (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Writing Prompt – Game (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- A monologue before the training (lambfollower.wordpress.com)
- The Mirror Path – Part 2 (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- 100 Words: For Wards, Waifs and Strays. (lemoncity.wordpress.com)
- monologue (gogomoran.wordpress.com)
- Somers’ Monologue: What’s A Mets Closer Without The Stress? The Worry? (newyork.cbslocal.com)