The cities are burning in Britain today.
Smoke billows from graves of brick.
Where are the parents?
As youths steal plasmas, smash windows, set fire to cars.
The Amoral Generation.
The Generation of greed.
Who taught these children?
Mayhem spreads like a virus.
It’s not lack of religion.
They know what they’re doing.
Camden was on lockdown,
Yet I can’t give up on a whole generation,
While just one child has a heart.
I’ve seen generosity in strangers,
Human kindness does exist.
Faith remains even in rubble.
When the fires die down,
And the streets are clear.
Hope will be waiting for us.
Always there but not always visible.
Just like love and hate and fear…
Copyright (C) bardicblogger/a thinker never sleeps. 2011
- VIDEO: UK riots: How the night unfolded (bbc.co.uk)
- UK:Riots engulf third British city (laaska.wordpress.com)
- riot cleanup – but is it over? (vault9.net)
- London Riots and the Effects on the UK Economy (cheap.co.uk)
- London and UK riots day three aftermath: live coverage (guardian.co.uk)
- England friendly falls victim to UK riots (reuters.com)
- UK riots – my thoughts on who, what and why (angel14.com)
- Britain Burning: Riot madness spreads across UK (rt.com)
- UK riots: not insured? Send your claim to the police instead (telegraph.co.uk)
- London Rioters Interrupt Tourists’ Dinner, Get Scared Off By Restaurant Staff (huffingtonpost.com)
- Britain Burning: Riots Rattle London, Spread Across U.K. (abcnews.go.com)
- Arrests as riots and arson spread (independent.co.uk)
- VIDEO: Frost: Riot damage could be long term (bbc.co.uk)