Well, to my wonderful surprise today I received a message today that I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
So here’s my part:
1. Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
Thanks very much to Tammy Holloway for her nominated. I was very pleased when I checked my comments and it was an excellent surprise. Please check out her blog. It’s a great blog full of lots of useful info for writers.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
Okay this was a difficult one. There are lots of blogs I would love to give recognition to but I must limit this to 15. I decided here to use a recent image from either the Gravatar, about me page or a recent post from each writer as well as a quote that they used to sum themselves up. I did this because I wanted to focus more on the blog writers than the blogs in this award. Here goes:
1. Tammy Holloway at http://tammyholloway.wordpress.com
Even though she nominated me, I would still have chosen Tammy anyway to be included on this list as her blog is witty, refreshing and packed full of fun and useful stuff for writers. She writes short stories, which she also posts to the blog, always comes across with good humour and describes herself as:
2. Tara. R at thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com
This is my personal journey of things that inspire me and make me aspire to be.
An excellent blog, full of poetry, photography and all sorts of generally wonderful stuff. Her writing and photography particularly stands out, her poetry beautifully written and soulful.
4. Yor Ryeter at ittakes10k.wordpress.com
A lot of hard work goes into this blog. I would highly recommend following Yor Ryeter if you want something new to read every day.
5. Jamie Dedes at Musingbymoonlight
Musing by Moonlight is my flagship blog, a potpourri of poetry, memoir, feature articles, music, and book and movie reviews.
Jamie writes some great poetry on here and her posts are always thoughtful, intriguing and well constructed. Great site.
I am a writer, father, husband and bartender in Las Vegas. I read and write books that challenge me as a person, writer, father and husband.
A very interesting writing site. Always a great read full of writing info, inspirational topics and personal posts.
7. Katy at Storytelling Nomad
I love to write and I love to travel. Sometimes I combine these two things and create travel writing.
It’s no surprise that Katy recently went up to over 10,000 hits. She is truly a great writer and I would highly recommend this site.
8. Maria Diaz at INKSPEARE
A beautiful and very personal blog. Check it out!
High quality blog with high quality writing. Regular posts include, haiku poetry, fiction, guest posts, dverse and much more.
Pretty much does what it claims to do in the quote above but goes far beyond that. A great site full of entertainment and behind-the-myth exposés.
Tired of dull, ordinary communications? Here’s help!
Gripping articles about all things communication – related. Lots of humour in there too.
12. Maggie O’Toole at MaggieCakes
A very charming social media culture blog with lots of interesting insights.
13. Sonia G Medeiros at doingthewritething
When she’s not wandering along the tangled paths of her wild imagination, she wrangles home life with one fabulous husband, two amazing, homeschooled children, three dogs, one frog and two cats who battle each other for world domination
If I can help one writer avoid making a crucial mistake or help them keep going then I feel like I have achieved something.
I’ve only very recently found this blog but I love it and is full of useful info for writers.
A Story Every Day” was born from my belief that everyone has a story to share. Stories that should be heard.
A wonderful new site dedicated to sharing stories of any kind.
3.List 7 things about yourself.
1. The first story I ever wrote was when I was about six and it was called Eclipse. It wasn’t, however about a girl and her vampire boyfriend.
2. I am half Scottish (from my mother’s side of the family).
3. (In terms of blood relations), I have 6 uncles and 4 aunties and lots and lots of cousins.
4. I have a Parson’s Russell Terrier named Teddy who has bizarrely curly hair. My friends know him as `The Sheep.’
5. I am a night person by nature and don’t remember a time when I wasn’t so I’m usually pottering about the house in the middle of the night trying not to wake everyone up.
6. I had a phobia of deep-water even though I can swim perfectly fine and even had several years of lessons.
7. Despite being born and raised in England, I love coffee and despise tea. Sorry to break from stereotype but I don’t drink tea at all.
- The Versatile Blogger Award: Showin’ the Love! (ifacethesun.wordpress.com)
- What is the Versatile Blogger Award? (versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award nomination (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- Awarded 2 Versatile Blogger Awards (aprilrdenton.wordpress.com)
- The Most Versatile Blogger Award (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (seriouslyrebecca.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (privatemixture.wordpress.com)