Well, to my wonderful surprise today I received a message today that I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
So here’s my part:
1. Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
Thanks very much to Tammy Holloway for her nominated. I was very pleased when I checked my comments and it was an excellent surprise. Please check out her blog. It’s a great blog full of lots of useful info for writers.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
Okay this was a difficult one. There are lots of blogs I would love to give recognition to but I must limit this to 15. I decided here to use a recent image from either the Gravatar, about me page or a recent post from each writer as well as a quote that they used to sum themselves up. I did this because I wanted to focus more on the blog writers than the blogs in this award. Here goes:
1. Tammy Holloway at http://tammyholloway.wordpress.com
Even though she nominated me, I would still have chosen Tammy anyway to be included on this list as her blog is witty, refreshing and packed full of fun and useful stuff for writers. She writes short stories, which she also posts to the blog, always comes across with good humour and describes herself as:
Happily married – Nontraditional student – Veteran of the US Navy – 30,000 words into writing a science fiction novel – Animal lover – Volunteer – Goofball…
2. Tara. R at thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com
This is my personal journey of things that inspire me and make me aspire to be.
An excellent blog, full of poetry, photography and all sorts of generally wonderful stuff. Her writing and photography particularly stands out, her poetry beautifully written and soulful.
4. Yor Ryeter at ittakes10k.wordpress.com
A man of wisdom said that to achieve success on my passion, practice is necessary and doing it 10,000 times would define me.
A lot of hard work goes into this blog. I would highly recommend following Yor Ryeter if you want something new to read every day.
5. Jamie Dedes at Musingbymoonlight
Musing by Moonlight is my flagship blog, a potpourri of poetry, memoir, feature articles, music, and book and movie reviews.
Jamie writes some great poetry on here and her posts are always thoughtful, intriguing and well constructed. Great site.
6. BB Baker at The Bleeding Ink Well
I am a writer, father, husband and bartender in Las Vegas. I read and write books that challenge me as a person, writer, father and husband.
A very interesting writing site. Always a great read full of writing info, inspirational topics and personal posts.
7. Katy at Storytelling Nomad
I love to write and I love to travel. Sometimes I combine these two things and create travel writing.
It’s no surprise that Katy recently went up to over 10,000 hits. She is truly a great writer and I would highly recommend this site.
8. Maria Diaz at INKSPEARE
INKSPEARE is a place where I can share all my passions – from my professional work as a freelance writer, to some of my personal interests.
A beautiful and very personal blog. Check it out!
The story of my life profoundly affects my writing although, as a disclaimer, my novels are not autobiographical and the characters are completely fictional.
High quality blog with high quality writing. Regular posts include, haiku poetry, fiction, guest posts, dverse and much more.
The news source for fictional characters and legendary creatures.
Pretty much does what it claims to do in the quote above but goes far beyond that. A great site full of entertainment and behind-the-myth exposés.
11. Rob Biesenbach at Act Like You Mean Business
Tired of dull, ordinary communications? Here’s help!
Gripping articles about all things communication – related. Lots of humour in there too.
12. Maggie O’Toole at MaggieCakes
I’m 26. I’m still in that phase of life when I’m a new person every few months.
A very charming social media culture blog with lots of interesting insights.
13. Sonia G Medeiros at doingthewritething
When she’s not wandering along the tangled paths of her wild imagination, she wrangles home life with one fabulous husband, two amazing, homeschooled children, three dogs, one frog and two cats who battle each other for world domination
If I can help one writer avoid making a crucial mistake or help them keep going then I feel like I have achieved something.
I’ve only very recently found this blog but I love it and is full of useful info for writers.
A Story Every Day” was born from my belief that everyone has a story to share. Stories that should be heard.
A wonderful new site dedicated to sharing stories of any kind.
3.List 7 things about yourself.
1. The first story I ever wrote was when I was about six and it was called Eclipse. It wasn’t, however about a girl and her vampire boyfriend.
2. I am half Scottish (from my mother’s side of the family).
3. (In terms of blood relations), I have 6 uncles and 4 aunties and lots and lots of cousins.
4. I have a Parson’s Russell Terrier named Teddy who has bizarrely curly hair. My friends know him as `The Sheep.’
5. I am a night person by nature and don’t remember a time when I wasn’t so I’m usually pottering about the house in the middle of the night trying not to wake everyone up.
6. I had a phobia of deep-water even though I can swim perfectly fine and even had several years of lessons.
7. Despite being born and raised in England, I love coffee and despise tea. Sorry to break from stereotype but I don’t drink tea at all.
- The Versatile Blogger Award: Showin’ the Love! (ifacethesun.wordpress.com)
- What is the Versatile Blogger Award? (versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award nomination (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- Awarded 2 Versatile Blogger Awards (aprilrdenton.wordpress.com)
- The Most Versatile Blogger Award (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (seriouslyrebecca.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
Congratulations! Glad I found your blog. 🙂
Thank you very much. 🙂
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am humbled.
It’s no problem Tara. 🙂
Bardi, this is the most creative “Versatile Blogger” response I’ve seen in the three years that I’ve been blogging. Very well done. Congratulations and thank you for the award and for the into to some new-to-me bloggers. Appreciate the info on you as well .. re: coffee … stereotypes are meant to be broken. Bravo!
Blog on …
Thanks Jamie. That’s really nice of you to say. x
You are so kind. You presented each award in a truly classy way, too. I was glad to get to know some of these bloggers. I also have a Jack Russell…she is a rescue, is deaf and brilliant. Our first Jack had crazy curly hair too. His parent were from UK. We lost him a few years ago after 16 wonderful years. Have a happy day.
Aww. Jack Russell are crazy dogs but wonderful dogs. They are full of character.
Congrats! I like how you added little blurbs for everyone nominated and thanks for nominating me. I really appreciate it.
It’s no problem. 🙂
Thanks very much. xx
Congratulations! An award well deserved. And thank you for the nomination! 🙂
Thanks Katy. 🙂
*ahem* I totally thought I’d already come by to say “thank you.” Somehow I only thought it and didn’t do it. *blush I guess that’s what happens when you use your imagination too much. LOL. Thank you though. Thank you thank you thank you. 😀
It’s no problem. You are very welcome.