This week’s prompt from Velvet Verbosity is `Road Trip’.
Although the prompt inspires me to think of physical travel I’ve decided to take a more personal, metaphysical approach to the prompt. Here it is:
On the road anything is possible. We move from place to place never really knowing where we’re going or what we want and somehow we’re fine with that but when we hit a wall, we begin to question the journey.
Illness can prevent movement. Lying for months in a bed with only four walls and an overactive mind. It’s in looking back that I realize that we need to be able to see forward, to be able to believe in a future where things are better. I forgot that meaning lies in every experience whether we see it or not.
Copyright (C) bardicblogger / a thinker never sleeps / Teri Montague 2012. All rights reserved.
- 100 Words – Strike (The Iron is Hot) (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- 100 Words – Tightrope (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Runaway (thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Roar of the ocean (thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Resume normal (thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Road Trip (traveldestinationbucketlist.com)
- Road Trip 2012 – Mitchell, Australia (travelpod.com)
- Horizon Transport – Not a complaint….an observation (usaconsumercomplaints.com)