Today I wanted to share a new poetry form with you:
SYMBIOTIC ACROSTIC POETRY
This poetry form was created by writing.com member PatrickB and is an acrostic with a difference.
Quote used with permission from PatrickB. © Copyright 2010 PatrickB (UN:pabernardy8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
It’s a very interesting and unique poetry form that requires the poet to
understand the relationship between subjects and has no restrictions with regards to rhythm or rhyme. For a full detailed explanation of the SAP poetry form visit Symbiotic Acrostic Poetry .
So much mind and so much heart,
Yet they conflict.
My will and my flesh at odds.
Body and mind in harmony.
It’s my mind and heart that are apart.
Outside the pattern but connected.
Timed and timeless both at once.
Cool and warm, shallow yet deep.
Her heart, it hides in light fear.
Extroverted and accepting.
Asking no questions yet,
That day and night, eternally co-exist.
(c) Copyright bardic blogger / a thinker never sleeps / Teri Montague 2011
- Acrostic poetry anchor chart (6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com)
- We are lost (mindflurries.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes (mindflurries.wordpress.com)
- More Literary Terms Made Simple – Poetry (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Developing Budding Poets in First Grade (brighthub.com)
- What is and acrostic poem for chicken (wiki.answers.com)
- Inspiring Back to School Poems (brighthub.com)
- Variety: A Run-On Acrostic (wordplay.blogs.nytimes.com)