The 100 Word Prompt From Velvet Verbosity this week is Resistance:
Resisting Writer’s Block
We push against the tide,
Each day of our lives.
Sometimes boredom finds us,
Stranding us in a stimulation-free hell.
Deserting us in dull-hearted responsibility.
I can’t stand boredom.
It’s emptiness, a deep pit of monotonous days.
Is this maze eternal?
Has everything been done before?
Or is there a new world my soul is ready to explore.
Riot with resistance,
Fight with fury,
Distance yourself from mediocrity,
or else be damned by public juries.
Where are the visionaries?
Where are the seers?
Is this new world forever uninspired?
Before I’d even started.
Making pleas to my muse…
- I’m dying – out of sheer boredom. (musambi.wordpress.com)
- Idle Hands are the Devil’s Playground (apronsdiamondsandheels.wordpress.com)
- Asflkgfbjkrtikrmgkf !!!!!!!!!! (rawrlikeumeanit.wordpress.com)
- Peter Toohey’s ‘Boredom: A Lively History’: Book About Boredom Is Anything But (thedailybeast.com)
- Fascinating paintings of boredom. (slate.com)