This part of the short story continues from Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
Both twins were in the maze, separated and alone, each of them staring at their own reflection. One of them saw herself in a mirror of glass, a cold, hard surface, the other, in a soft, pool of water.
Danni and Diana outstretched their fingertips to the mirror images: right hand to left, left hand to right. It was like looking back at one other except one twin wore a dark red blouse, the other a soft blue one.
Something happened. There was a loud noise that drowned out every thing around them and a white light swept over them. It was deafening , like the brakes of a train but screeching ten times louder, so loud that they covered their ears.
Too loud… Too bright…
They shielded themselves, each curling down on the ground, still blocking their ears with their hands.
When it stopped, the world returned. But it wasn’t the same world.
Copyright (c) bardicblogger / a thinker never sleeps / Teri Montague 2011
- The Mirror Path – Part 3 (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- How do you get through the labyrinth on Mythology Island (wiki.answers.com)
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner (veronicam46.wordpress.com)
- The Maze [Liz Harwood] (ecademy.com)
- Mazes, mess and mystery (janinerudin.wordpress.com)
- The Butterfly Effect and Ray Bradbury (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- A mirror flips left and right, but not up and down (physics.stackexchange.com)
- Mirror Mirror (maqamone.wordpress.com)